As the Lead Designer on the Web3 team at Wursta, you will lead a variety of projects with small teams of designers, software engineers, product managers, marketers, and our client partners. You will have full ownership for the successful creation, management, and completion of design deliverables, with delivery to both internal and external stakeholders within agreed-upon constraints, timelines, and quality objectives. This role will also help establish new internal processes and organizational infrastructure, with a focus on reusability, consistency, and efficiency for development execution.
Our projects are broadly focused on the design and implementation of NFT initiatives, many currently focused on B2C NFT projects. This position could evolve into a Design Director role, with responsibility for building a team of designers, developing the organization’s official design toolset, and providing training and coaching for our more junior team members.
Key responsibilities include:
- Participate in new client partner kickoff meetings to ensure a shared vision for creative execution
- Create moodboards and storyboards to facilitate alignment on the visual direction
- Create brand assets that articulate the vision
- Create website layouts and visual design mockups
- Collaborate with internal and external teams, incorporating feedback and driving alignment on design to be implemented
- Organize, optimize, and finalize design files for efficient development
Key components to note:
- Build while flying. This is a start-up environment with a lot of ambiguity working inside a successful 8-year old business. This individual will be instrumental in defining and driving success.
- Align often. The expectation is that the goals and responsibilities will be evaluated and modified every 3-6 months as we experience rapid growth in the business and the team.
- 5 or more years digital design experience, ideally creating net new web and/or mobile applications
- 5 or more years with design tools like Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, and/or Photoshop
- Proven track record of successfully leading design for multiple projects through the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) to deliver business goals and requirements
- Experience in an agency/consultancy with customer-facing responsibilities
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Ability to deal effectively with change in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) processes
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communications skills
- Leadership and team building skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Unmistakable customer-orientation and desire to achieve win-win outcomes
- Wursta’s leadership team is 50% women. The global team is also ~50% women. Purpose and values (including fostering inclusion and being kind) are critical.
- Full benefits package (health/dental/vision)
- 401(k) with a 4% match
- Unlimited PTO, plus all national holidays
- Hybrid WFH
- Free office parking in central East Austin