Wursta is looking for a Technical Lead, Web3 to join our rapidly growing team. The engineer in this role will lead the technical efforts collaborating closely with other web3 engineers to create secure smart contract protocols, backend services, and frontend experience for web-based NFT marketplaces and platforms.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, this Lead Engineer will play an integral role in standardizing Wursta’s crypto protocols by designing and defining interfaces. You will work hand in hand with leadership and product to define crypto strategies and roadmaps, and drive critical decisions regarding architecture. You will have the opportunity to learn, explore, and grow as the team and web3 continue to grow.
You’ll be responsible for leading and mentoring web3 engineering team members. You’ll help identify and define technical planning including infrastructure decisions and approaches for full end-end software development.
This position is located at our new office in Austin, TX. Remote employees in CO, FL, GA, IA, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, and TX may be considered.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Mentor and lead a growing blockchain and fullstack engineering team
- Lead technical planning through development and launch
- Contribute to improving Wursta’s smart contract protocols
- Architect and build smart contract protocols and backend services
- Develop backend microservices and systems supporting mobile and web applications
- Automate, test, and deploy well-designed infrastructure, code, and services at scale
- Identify and define key infrastructure investments, strategies, and development
- Profile and optimize for load, latency, reliability, availability, fault tolerance
- Apply best practices in all aspects of web application development including security, testability, release management, live ops
- Collaborate with product and engineering to gather requirements and refine backlog
- Collaborate with team members on architectural designs and code reviews
What You Should Have:
- Passion for Blockchain technologies and NFTs
- A Bachelor and/or MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of backend development experience
- 2+ years of experience building and releasing production-grade smart contracts to complex smart contract systems
- Deep understanding of the Ethereum Virtual Machine or how other popular public blockchain works (e.g. Polygon, Solana, Avalanche)
- Knowledge of security best practices regarding the blockchain and cloud architecture
- Development experience with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with CI/CD, infrastructure as code
- Interest and passion for building secure, durable, robust, and scalable infrastructure
- Adaptability, analytical thinking, patience, pragmatism, diligence, and thoughtfulness
Why you’ll love working at Wursta:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (BCBS), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full-time employees (with 4% match!)
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a bright, open environment and fun office space with plenty of snacks and frequent opportunities for team meetups and happy hours
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Founded in 2014 by a former Googler, Wursta is innovating and growing. We are building a strong foundational team and establishing many of the elements of culture and ethics that will drive our growth for years to come. We are also establishing partnerships with world-class software companies, like Google. Our clients range from small and growing organizations to the largest companies in the world.
Wursta is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Wursta provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.