Wursta is looking for an experienced, self-motivated, and results-driven Cloud Architect / Sales Engineer (SE). The primary job function is to build trust and relationships with customer IT executives to maximize their use of the Google Cloud, while driving revenue growth for both Wursta and Google.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience as a cloud engineer / architect along with customer facing consulting. This position is ideally located at our office in Austin, TX, although a remote work option in the following states CO, FL, GA, IA, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, and TX will be considered for the right candidate.
At Wursta, we thrive on generating value for our customers and are hyper-focused on improvement and growth. We have created a new breed of consultants and technical experts in the enterprise cloud industry that combine strong technical know-how with ingenuitive and effective process improvements. Wursta has been in high-growth mode for Cloud the last 7 years and GCP is the next frontier of major growth.
- Support the sales team and GCP practice as the lead GCP architect and sales engineer.
- Build and own the process for initial GCP assessment planning to include cloud design diagrams, digital estate assessment tool ownership, cloud cost comparison evaluation, and specific use case development.
- Lead the customer to identify core foundational infrastructure changes that support cloud ready integration.
- Lead architect in designing EA / Org. creation, regional / zonal recommendations, and resource hierarchy.
- Consult the customer with initial IAM best practices to include role based access, IAM policy development, and GCP IAM service recommendations.
- Support the customer in building minimum viable security requirements (MVR) to include logging and analytics recommendations, organizational policies, control reviews, and compliance requirements.
- Lead sales engineer responsible for owning and understanding GCP technologies, services and GCP Customer Engineer relationships.
- Support the customer in defining best practices around agile planning, DevOps processes, and CI/CD flows using GCP cloud native services
- Perform as the lead engineer supporting cloud cost comparison discussions, cost optimization recommendations and FinOps best practices.
- Become the subject matter expert on GCP services to build customer recommendations, respond to specific use case requests and build overarching cloud program plans. GCP Service examples include; Apigee, App Engine, GKE, BigQuery, Looker, Cloud SQL, Cloud Logging, Cloud Monitoring, and Security Command Center.
- Participate in pipeline and quarterly business reviews.
- Build and present demonstrations to grow trust and confidence with business and technical customers.
- Build the bridge between post sales customer expectations and project delivery. Help in creating statements of work and service cost estimation models.
- 7+ years experience as a Cloud Engineer / Architect
- 2+ years of customer facing sales experience
- 2+ years of GCP experience
- Hands-on experience working directly with C Level Executives
- Experience building and designing cloud environment recommendations and solution offerings
- Ability to drive cloud sales dialogue around compute, storage, backup, BCDR, application development, network, security, API management, containers, serverless computing and hybrid cloud.
Founded in 2014 by a former Googler, Wursta is innovating and growing. We are building a strong foundational team and establishing many of the elements of culture and ethics that will drive our growth for years to come. We are also establishing partnerships with world-class software companies, like Google. Our clients range from small and growing organizations to the largest companies in the world.
Wursta provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.