Reporting directly to the CTO the Director of Cloud Services will be a key contributor to the strategy, execution, and growth of the Google Cloud Platform side of the business. She/he will be responsible for creating and executing a repeatable delivery process, building a team to support the business growth, and supporting business development activities.
The “Director of Cloud Services” will have significant impact on:
- Ensuring successful completion of projects (delivery lead)
- Growing the team to support the growing practice (hiring manager)
- Contributing to scope/SME for new opportunities (pre-sales support)
- Supporting the development of internal products (product lead)
Key responsibilities include:
- Operational excellence. Create a repeatable system. Develop, monitor, and track key metrics to support delivery and growth. Put in place the systems and processes to create efficiency, effectiveness, and leverage at scale. Create and maintain documentation of all GCP operations to ensure that consistent, efficient workflows are in place, yielding optimal productivity, performance, and client satisfaction.
- Leadership. Player-Coach. Participate and contribute to the development, execution, and achievement of Wursta’s overall strategy, specifically as it pertains to Google Cloud Platform.
- Team development. Recruit, manage, support, and scale the global team as Wursta grows to $100M. With your help accomplishing our goals, you will help lead the charge to grow the practice and put the people in place to win.
Key components to note:
- Build while flying. This is a start-up environment with a lot of ambiguity working inside a successful 6-year old business. This individual will be instrumental in defining and driving success.
- Align often. The expectation is that the goals and responsibilities will be evaluated and modified every 3-6 months as we experience rapid growth in the business and the team.