Reporting directly to the CEO the Director of Cloud Services will be the functional head of the Google Cloud Platform side of the business. This person will hold P&L responsibility and be a key contributor to the strategy, execution, and growth of Cloud customers at Wursta. She/he will be responsible for supporting business development activities, creating and executing a repeatable delivery process, and building a team to support the business growth.
The Director of Cloud Services will have a significant impact on:
- Growing the business by contributing as SME for new opportunities, supporting internal sales and client services, as well as customer conversations (pre-sales solution architect)
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and successful completion of projects, in conjunction with our development team and partners (program lead)
- Growing the team to support the growing practice (hiring manager)
- Supporting the development of internal products (product lead)
Key responsibilities include:
- Growth. Elevate Wursta’s competency and breadth in landing and expanding Cloud customers. Facilitate team training and enablement so that every Wursta teammate can competently articulate our Cloud capabilities and service offerings.
- Operational excellence. Create a repeatable system. Develop, monitor, and track key metrics to support delivery and growth. Put in place the systems and processes to create efficiency, effectiveness, and leverage at scale. Create and maintain documentation of all GCP operations to ensure that consistent, efficient workflows are in place, yielding optimal productivity, performance, and client satisfaction.
- Leadership. Player-Coach. Participate and contribute to the development, execution, and achievement of Wursta’s overall strategy, specifically as it pertains to Google Cloud Platform.
- Team development. Recruit, manage, support, and scale the global team as Wursta grows to $100M. With your help accomplishing our goals, you will help lead the charge to grow the practice and put the people in place to win.
Key components to note:
- Build while flying. This is a start-up environment with a lot of ambiguity working inside a successful 6-year old business. This individual will be instrumental in defining and driving success.
- Align often. The expectation is that the goals and responsibilities will be evaluated and modified every 3-6 months as we experience rapid growth in the business and the team.