As a Premier Google Partner, one of our primary objectives is to sell Google Cloud Platform, and in any way that we can, improve our customer’s use of Google Cloud. Cloud Transformation Engineers help us accomplish this by imagining solutions that help our customers make the most of the cloud.
Cloud Transformation Engineers contribute to the project management and provide technical expertise to plan, analyze, design, test and deploy enterprise-scale end-to-end cloud transformations from other clouds / on-prem to GCP. Engineers will focus on the strategy and delivery of transformations but may also span multiple areas of expertise, including disaster recovery planning and solutioning.
The Cloud Transformation Engineer will have a significant impact on:
- Supporting close of new opportunities (pre-sales support)
- Ensuring successful completion of projects (technical lead)
- Establish our standard for repeatable success (operational excellence)
- Pre-sales support – Discover, understand, and document the customer’s current architecture state. Adept at explaining value props to sell customers on GCP, you can gather requirements, create technology solutions to their business problems, and capably estimate / scope the implementation.
- Design / build / test GCP-focused infrastructure solutions, using Google and industry best practices.
- Communication – You should be able to work effectively with other team members (or the client!) when needed, and know how to manage time, budget, priorities, and expectations.
- Support – As hard infrastructure problems make it through our support desk, you may get pulled in as a Tier 4 subject matter expert.
- Education – The cloud technology space is ever-changing, and your professional growth is important to us. In this role, you will obtain several technical Google certifications.
- Operational excellence – Create a repeatable system for the delivery of infrastructure projects. Help us put in place the systems and processes to create efficiency, effectiveness, and leverage at scale.
- Expert with GCP Core services e.g. compute, storage, networking, and databases.
- Intermediate networking (VPC Peering, traffic flows, routing, BGP, VPN setup) [not looking for a network engineer, but strong networking knowledge to work within common networking constructs such as DMZ, Intranet, Extranet, Direct Connects, Firewalls to think & design solutions featuring end-to-end migration data flows]
- Configuration of DNS, Load Balancers, Cert Management
- Experience with VM migration tools (e.g., Migrate for GCP)
- Experience migrating popular databases to the cloud
- Experience with CI/CD frameworks and tools (e.g., Cloud Build, Docker, Jenkins, Source Repositories)
- Strong PowerShell/Windows and Linux (e.g., sed/awl/perl, bash, cloud-init scripts, etc.)
- Intermediate experience with Linux (e.g. Ubuntu, RHEL)
Bonus points for:
- Advanced practical knowledge of running hypervisors in production environments
- Advanced practical knowledge of Kubernetes, GKE, and Anthos.
- Intermediate knowledge of a modern programming language.
- Professional certifications in other clouds (e.g., AWS or Azure)